Let the witching hour begin.
Make these stunning dragon egg candle votives with a balloon! Here’s how:
2 large containers
A few balloons
- Mix 1 cup concrete with ⅓ cup water. (Add more to slow setting time)
- Place a balloon on the end of a funnel, and fill with concrete.
- Detach the balloon, and blow up a little more with a hand pump. (Do not use your mouth!)
- Tie the balloon, and let the concrete set evenly by turning the balloon slowly.
- After a few hours, cut the balloon off with a box cutter. There might be some tiny cracks, which is what you want. Carefully chip away at the cracks until you have a hole big enough for a candle.
- Pour in some more wet concrete, and rotate it to cover all the sides. Apply more until desired thickness is achieved.
- Once dry, you can paint the inside with gold or bronze paint. Paint the outside if desired.
- Place a tealight in the egg, and enjoy the fiery glow of your new candle holder eggs!